of Podiatric Medicine
- About Us
- Find a Doctor
- Exam Info
The American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM) exists to protect the health and welfare of the public through
an ongoing process of evaluation and certification of the competence of podiatrists in the specialty of podiatric orthopedics and
primary podiatric medicine by offering podiatric physicians a comprehensive board qualification and certification process.
Podiatric medicine is a medical specialty requiring refined knowledge and skills in the treatment of foot, ankle and lower extremity structures. The American Board of Podiatric Medicine is recognized by the Joint Committee on the Recognition of Specialty Boards of the Council on Podiatric Medical Education under the authority of the American Podiatric Medical Association as the specialty board to conduct a certification process in Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine.
As the only board so recognized, ABPM oversees the certification process that validates a podiatrist's credibility and expertise in the practice of podiatric medicine and orthopedics.
Information on Board Certification
Our New Semi-Annual Member Update is now available. In response to our member survey, we will publish two member updates per year and will add electronic newsletters in the fall and spring.
Find a Board Certified Foot Doctor (Podiatrist) near you!
If you are looking for an ABPM Board Certified Podiatrist (Foot Doctor) in your area, please view our directory . By selecting a foot doctor with ABPM Certification, you are selecting a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine who has passed a thorough testing and validation process of the podiatrist’s expertise in the practice of podiatric medicine and orthopedics.
Learn more about the process of certification.
The ABPM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program consists of a self-study, self-assessment, patient evaluation, and peer evaluation process to ensure your ongoing proficiency in delivering quality patient care.
The In-Training exam is a self-assessment tool for all current residents as they prepare for the ABPM board qualification examination. Next In-Training exam: Oct. 31 – Dec. 2, 2016
- • Jeremy Cook, DPM, ABPM Diplomate, to Speak at Hospital Symposium
- • Western University of Health Sciences Receives Grant from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- • H. John Visser, DPM Presented KSU Alumni Association Professional Achievement Award
- • Dr. John Connors Lectures to Southern Regional Athletes
- • APHA Awards Presented to ABPM Dipomates, Drs. Chet Evans and Jeffrey Robbins
- • TUSPM Students, with Dr. Palamarchuk, Served as Healthy Athletes a Pennsylvania Special Olympics
- • Diabetic Kids Enjoy Halloween for 19th Year with Dr. Bruce Blank
- • ABPM Diplomate, Karen Langone, DPM, Elected 1st Vice President of AAWP